Staffing agencies, employers, and recruiters are all clamoring for one thing this year: temporary workers. The demand for temp labor will grow by leaps and bounds this year, as stretched budgets make it harder to invest in direct hire jobs and full-time talent. Instead fields as diverse as the healthcare industry, customer service, and retail will all be searching for the right temp labor to fill needed positions quickly.
So what’s your hiring solution to evaluate these workers? The video interview can be just the tool you need in order for staffing agencies and employers to find candidates with the right stuff.
First, let’s take a look at some statistics backing up the rapid growth of temporary staffing:
Temporary Staffing is on the Rise…Fast!
- Only 24 percent of employers expect to hire full-time, permanent workers in 2014. This is down from 26 percent just last year.
- Employment in temporary help services hit 2.7 million in July 2013.
- In November 2013, America had more temporary jobs than any month since the year 2000. Temporary staffing accounts for more than 2 million workers.
- According to a survey by CareerBuilder, 42 percent of employers plan to hire temporary help or contract workers this year.
- The same study shows these workers might not be temporary for long. A whopping 43 percent say they intend to use temporary staffing to transition part-time talent into full-time superstars.
The Video Interview Solution For Temporary Staffing Woes
The video interview can be your organization’s perfect solution for finding the right temporary help. As technology continues to move forward, new tools are developed to help staffing agencies and employers find the temp labor needed. With an increasing demand for the right candidates, staffing agencies and employers in all industries are looking for a smarter way to hire.
Here are some video interview solutions for your toughest temp labor hiring challenges:
- Interview faster. Thanks to the video interview, high-volume hiring is a breeze. In a one-way interview, candidates answer employer and recruiter questions on video. If the answers don’t match your needs or the needs of your clients, you can merely move on to the next candidate. This helps you focus on the best people without losing time on those not right for your open positions.
- Connect personally. While evaluating a high volume of candidates, it can become hard to connect personally with the people who will be entering your offices or working with your clients. Video interviews give you a great way to maintain a personal connection throughout the hiring process. Communication skills are important whether you’re looking for a call center operator, hospital receptionist, or tech guru. It’s easy to list communication skills on a resume, but the video interview makes candidates back up their claims with actual skills
- Share easily. Employers looking to find great temp talent can then share these superstars with relevant departments and personnel. Yet the easy sharability of video interviews is especially helpful for staffing agencies. A staffing agency can easily share talent, allowing for greater transparency and better communication with clients.
Hiring the temp labor you need isn’t easy, especially with the increased demand. Thankfully video interviewing can help connect smart companies and staffing agencies with great temporary help!